Hi friends! Happy HUMP DAY! I’ve got a new recipe for y’all, so lets hop right into it!
Breakfast 9:00- I had a super simple breakfast today consisting of plain yogurt, vanilla extract, a sprinkle of cinnamon, blueberries, and Kashi Cinnamon Crunch.
Lunch 1:00– Last night’s stuffed peppers left us with about 5 peppers worth of the rice and vegetable stuffing. So I put a bit of that on top of some baby spinach, microwaved, and topped with hot sauce. It was a filling, delicious, healthy lunch that kept me full for a while.
Workout (Sorta)- Throughout the day I did the following tabata workout: Burpees, Mountain Climbers, High Knees, Jumping Jacks. It left me a but winded but I did it a couple times an hour just because of the insane heat outside left me wanting to keep it quick and sweaty.
Dinner 7:00- Step-Dad made a super delicious pork loin that I enjoyed with a couple spears of asparagus and broccoli. ’twas wonderful! (Ignore the blurry iphone photo!)
Miscellaneous Snacks and Such: I ate about 3/4 of a Cliff Crunchy PB bar throughout the day.
And after dinner I indulged in banana ‘ice cream’ and a small brownie. It was worth it. Trust me.
Now it’s recipe time! I decided to move away from my loyal yogurt mess and drift into my old favorite, oatmeal! Here’s an easy and delicious steel oat recipe!
Banana Blueberry Steel Cut Oats
What You’// Need:
1/2 cup of steel cut oats
1 banana, thinly sliced
1/2 cup of blueberries (frozen works best)
1 1/3 cup water
2/3 cup milk of choice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
Optional: Sweetener of choice and add ins
What You’ll Do:
1. Take water and oats and put into a small pot. boil water.
2. Once the water is boiling add in spices and milk, stir, and reduce heat to medium low. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the mixture is thick and creamy, stirring frequently. Take the oats off the heat when there is little to no residual liquid left (depending on how you like your oats, you can leave the extra liquid)
3. Here comes the fun part: Take the sliced banana, pour into the pot, and vigorously stir to incorporate the banana thoroughly. When the banana has almost disappeared, add in blueberries.
4. Serve! Pour into a bowl and top with sweetener (agave, xylitol, stevia, honey) and add ins (flax seed, raisins, peanut butter, almond butter, granola)
5. Enjoy with a nice cuppa tea or coffee.
That’s all she write! See ya on Friday for some facts!